Crude Appeal



Along with my last posting, here's an image that I find is both a crude messy sort of thing and yet at the same time having some special sort of style or character to it. I think I referred to this sort of thing a while back as "Raw Style", meaning not polished and clean but having something appealing to it all the same.

The image above was made with the blockwave filter from Showfoto during my early discovery days with this tool back in Spring, 2007. I couldn't display it back then because it was too big for my blog's smaller layout at the time. Also, I wasn't sure if the image was actually something I wanted to display anyhow. Since then I've come to like the thing.

Analyzing artwork can sometimes be more difficult than making it. Especially when all you do is push buttons and turn dials...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fog and Fyre

Journey to the center of the machine

The Wheel of Digital Art