Trianglevine

What could be appealing about a simple sine curve?


Download parameter file trianglevine.loo


That's one of the mysteries of algorithmic imagery: just a few parameters can produce a world of possibilities.

When I first saw these sawtooth, bicycle chain, sailboat pennants, I thought they had a nice look but were too simple to have any artistic potential.

Once I got more comfortable adjusting the color settings I began to see real possibilities.

From glowing shells and metal teeth to blurry watercolors, the simple sine curves added a design feature to fractals in the same way that beads of water do to closeup photography.

Also, it was this render setting that taught me to use anti-aliasing. The numerous curves take on a polished shine when anti-aliased which makes it an essential part of the creative process.

The sine teeth respond strangely to color adjustments, which makes them even more intriguing.

They certainly are a unique part of Sterlingware.

I guess there's not much left to say except "look."
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fog and Fyre

Journey to the center of the machine

The Wheel of Digital Art